Friday, February 23, 2007

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired

My kidneys are fucking me over yet again. I'm off to the hospital in the morning, where I will have to be awake for hours, so of course I can't sleep right now. I can't think of anything intelligent to post, as my brain cloud (am I the only person that liked "Joe Versus The Volcano"?) is well in force. Exhibit # 1: $140 in bank fees because I forgot to log a $9 purchase in to my checkbook. One little mistake that spirals out of control. Normally I balance out our account on-line every other day, but the last few weeks I had let it go, as I have not been feeling well, and had hardly been on the computer at all. $140 fucking dollars. That's all the money we had for necessities and utilities for the next month, so either the baby's well fucked for diapers this month, and our electricity will be shut off as well, or I can suck up what is left of my pride and attempt to sponge something off my parents. I can only hope they have some spare money this month. I cannot believe I managed to make a stupid error like that. We are not rich, and I pinch pennies so hard that they scream. To have to give $140 to the bank gives me an actual, physical pain. I think we'll name this one the Bank of America ulcer.

Needless to say, I have not been feeling very comical, and I'm far too run down to work that hard at keeping up appearances. For whom? For what? I can't keep up doing the rounds of all the bloggers in my links, let alone update my links (Sorry to Kav, and the increasingly hilarious Eddie Waring, and further apologies as I somehow cannot even put a link in to HTML. It may be me and my brain cloud, but let's blame Blogger), and when I'll find time to add new people to my links, God only knows. I haven't even looked at the new Blogger format since the Spouse Sparrow switched me over, and that was months ago. To all the people that I used to comment on on a regular basis: I'm sorry. I'm not a flake, really, it's just that I feel really crappy most of the time. Basically, I'm feeling very sorry for myself, and am miserable company. I'm thinking of tossing in the towel on this whole blogging thing, and I haven't even been doing it that long. My life fucking sucks, and it had better improve soon. I want to beat on something with a hammer. I want to win the Lottery. I want to not be in pain all the time. I want to find out what is actually wrong with me, and get a proper diagnosis, and I want it to not be something horrible and possibly fatal. I want my doctor to not take the next six months dicking me around. I want to not whinge on and on about all these stupid things that bore the tits right off everyone. I want to be me again. I want my life back.

I believe I'll be taking a break for a while. I don't know.

Fat Sparrow

21 comments:

Kav said...

By all means, take a break, but please don't give up. I need my dose of avian humour.

Sorry to hear things are so shite at the moment. We've talked about the old money situation before, and I know where you're coming from, though you're obviously in dire straits this time. Know it's not much use, but drop me a line if you feel like an oul rant. Take it easy.

Oh, and about the blogging thing: if it's not fun, don't bother. It's meant to be about having a laugh. Our blogs won't change the world, but we have a good time complaining about it. Come back whenever you think you'll be able to cope with my huge massive enormous lad.

Pam said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Gaijin Girl said...

Fucking banks! My bank in Australia charges me $60- a year just to have a fucking basic savings account that I don't actually use because I'm in Japan. Then Lloyds in London chased me halfway across the world to pay 150 quid for accumulated fees after I went two pounds into overdraft. I didn't even know what overdraft was. $140- is outrageous.
I'm with Kav, not just about his huge massive enormous lad (he keeps saying he has one so it must be true), but about taking a break. Don't put pressure on yourself to blog while you're feeling poorly. Your blog and your blog mates will be here when you come back. For now, take care of yourself.

Eddie Waring said...

No pep talks.

If there is anything I can do....

First Nations said...

i'm with eddie.
not like THAT.
but yeah.
you do what you have to.
goddammit, i just found you.
*goes off kicking and swearing*

Foot Eater said...

You manage to make financial problems sound funny, which is a rare talent.

As others said, feel free to rant to me off-site if it helps.

The Hangar Queen said...

Take the break if you need/want it.It'll all be there when you come back and although you'll be missed it sounds like you have enough to contend with.
We all use blogs for different reasons and mine has become a sort of safety valve.It releases a lot of the pressure when things are utter shit.
If it's not a help and it hinders your recovery in any way then you should park it for a while.It won't go anywhere unless you want it to.
I'll just go ahead and get in line to offer offline vent priveleges.
Remember..drugs are our friends.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Well, you already know what I have to say, sweetie-pie.

Rant all you need to. And never mind the blogging. Sometimes it just can't be. We'll all be here when you're ready to tickle the keyboard with your feathers again.

tkkerouac said...

totally love your thumbnail.

tkkerouac said...

totally love your thumbnail.

Mairéad said...

Sorry to hear that, FS. How 'bout writing / ringing the Bank to tell them what happened... sometimes they waive the fee - ask for a supervisor if you get no joy at first. If you're not well enough for battle let it off. Take it easy.

Brinx said...

Hope it goeswell for you FS.

In the UK we are finding ways of fucking the banks when they try and rip us off

NiolK said...

Joe versus the volcano kicks ass. Feel better young lady.

fatmammycat said...

Poor Old darling. Via con Dios, i espero que tu se recupere muy pronto.

Sassy Sundry said...

Oh, Fat Sparrow. I'm so sorry that life is not playing nicely right now. That sucks.

I know what you mean about the bank fees. There's a special place in hell for bankers.

Take a break, and we'll be thinking of you.

Philip said...

I hope you feel better soon. Even though you cannot spell haemorrhoids, the shiny new car that is the blogosphere would be much worse off without your occasional droppings.

fumier said...

Sorry you're poorly. Rest assured that you will still be eligible for the 2007 "fumies".

Clairwil said...

Sparrow you've been away so long I've resorted to prayer. Can't you sue someone at the hospital?

Best of health, blessings and aw... fuck it, a wee bit of Clairwil love to you.

Clairwil said...

P.S You've got to come back at peck this bufoon.

http://councillorterrykelly.blogspot.com/index.html

iLL Man said...

Hey Sparrow! That's shite that you're feeling so low. Take it easy and come back to it when you feel like it.

We'll all still be hanging around.....

Fat Sparrow said...

Kav -- "Come back whenever you think you'll be able to cope with my huge massive enormous lad."

As you can see, I have remained away, due to fear of your huge massive enormous lad, obviously.

Pam -- Thank you! I try.

GG -- Thanks for all the support.

It must be true about Kav's huge massive enormous lad, because he gets all the girlies throwing the panties at him, doesn't he? At least he's not like Old Knudsen; most of Kav's admirers don't have one foot in the grave and the other hand on the coffing lid, vainly clutching the Botox.

Eddie -- "If there is anything I can do...."

Can you get your lad out? I'd like to see how it compares with Kav's, just for scientific research, and all.

FN -- Oh, you know, I'm like the pox, just when you think you've got ride of me....

Footie -- You cunny funt.

Devin -- Thanks for all the support. You are like the spandex in the pantyhose of life.

Sam -- See remark to Devin. The same goes for you, too.

Tkkerouac -- "totally love your thumbnail."

Thanks; I just trimmed it.

Mairead -- I had tried that; no joy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Brinx -- "In the UK we are finding ways of fucking the banks when they try and rip us off"

Somehow I got a visual of someone inserting their huge massive enormous lad into an ATM machine.

Niolk -- "Joe versus the volcano kicks ass."

Oh thank God, I thought I was the only fan of that movie.

"Feel better young lady."

Sir, yes sir!

FMC -- Gracias, mi amiga!

Sassy -- Thank you!

Philip -- I don't have to worry about spelling "hemmorhoids," Because, thank God, they are one of the few things I am not afflicted with. Which begs the question, of course.... Go on, bend over and give us a look. Footie's a doctor, honest, and I'll make sure Kav doesn't have his huge massive enormous lad out.

Fumier -- "Rest assured that you will still be eligible for the 2007 "fumies"."

Oh, excellent! Nothing like winning a blogging award when you haven't even been blogging. I knew that sending you naked pics of my doctor would pay off!

Clairwil -- Thanks!

But British politics? I have yet to be able to figure out your system.

Ill Man -- Thank you!