Wednesday, December 20, 2006

You say it's your birthday? Well it's my birthday, too

Happy birthday to me, yada yada yada and thing. I'm 37 now, but I'm still telling people that I'm 29 plus sales tax. Not that I'm getting any bidders.

I have been sick. Very sick. The kind of sick where you lay around (lie around? oh, fuck it) and hope to die. The kind of sick where I have been in and out of the hospital. The kidney infection is supposedly gone, yet some symptoms remain, and now they are suspecting an underlying auto-immune disease, like lupus or some such. Fun stuff.

I must apologize, as I have not been reading anyone's blogs. Thank you all for checking in on mine. Old Knudsen has been kind enough to switch me to Blogger Beta, so hopefully everything is going okay with that.

I will be recuperating for a few more weeks, and have more doctor's appointments. I will try to resume normal posting after the first of the year, or possibly sooner if I feel better.

Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or Bah Humbug, depending on your religious persuasion or lack of same.

Fat Sparrow

21 comments:

Kav said...

Fuck me. Lupus? Well sparrow, as best you can, have a good one. Great to hear from you.

fatmammycat said...

Yikes! Sounds horrible. Well, have a delightful christmas. You can drink right? Right? Oh sweet Jesus...

The Hangar Queen said...

Glad you were feeling well enough for an update love.You had me worried there for a bit.Should I mix a little E in with the birdseed?

Andraste said...

Vitamin D - according to my brother, who is actually a doctor, what everyone is missing is vitamin D - immune systems need a TON of it. And not just over the counter, get some fish-derived D, evidently it's better than the kind they put in milk. I don't know...

Glad you're feeling well enough to give us this update, and hope your holidays are grand.

Sassy Sundry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sassy Sundry said...

Happy Birthday! I tell everyone that it's the ____ anniversary of my 21st birthday.

I've been worried about you, and I really hope that it isn't lupus.

Pam said...

Happy birthday, hope you're better soon and happy Xmas. Remember, I love you !

kimba said...

Happy Birthday.. who'd have thought I could miss a blogger so much.. Was worried about you.. we passed the hat around while you were sick.. and.. did you get the flowers we sent??

First Nations said...

oh crap i hope its not lupus. or plague. either one. maybe its just something minor and humiliating, like mononucleosis, the social disease of cowards.
*steadfastly resisting the siren call of 'bird flu'*

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Happy Birthday, Sparrow. Hope it's a good one; I think you're due a break, hon. Here's hoping it's not lupus (raises cup of tea).

It's good to hear from you again, I think we were all getting a bit worried. Hospital too, though - sounds like you were in a bad way. Hope the day and the family and the season can bring you a wee bit of cheer.

Merry Christmas, darlin'.

Annie Rhiannon said...

Happy birthday Fat Sparrow. Does having your birthday so close to Christmas mean nobody ever buys you a present?

I get that too. Even though I was born in March.

whyioughtta said...

Happy birthday and get lots of rest and Merry Thingymas and take care of yourself and Happy New Year and go have a nice nap and get well soon.

Foot Eater said...

That's rough. Hope you recuperate soon.

You almost share a birthday with my blog, now going into semi-retirement. Have a good one.

Dr Maroon said...

Get well soon

lucien de la peste said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm 37 too. Have been for ten years.

Lupus is a bitch, although if it was a bitch it would be called lupa, so maybe it isn't.

mutleythedog said...

Will you put me in your will?

Old Knudsen said...

At least it isn't the bird flu.

Fumier said...

Glad you're back, old thing. It was going to be difficult to give one of my coveted awards to an ex-blogger. As a combined birthday/Christmas present I may send you the full baby story, so far divulged to only one other person.

lucien de la peste said...

Bird Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Merry....erm....thingy.

ill man said...

Great to see you back FS. Have a good Christmas missus.

Pam said...

Happy new year !